Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Meet The New Associate Publisher Of Mass Appeal Magazine: Nas


Forbes’s e-site announced this morning that one Nasir bin Olu Dara Jones has “invested a six-figure sum” in Mass Appeal magazine, which recently relaunched after a five-year suspension, and is now the publication’s Associate Publisher.



“I always liked what they represented,” says Nas. “They invested into the culture… I saw their vision for what they planned and I thought I could add value across the board.”


Nas explained that he’d been dismayed at the lack of options for readers interested in all aspects of hip-hop culture, particularly on the newsstands. He considered starting his own publication, as Jay-Z did, but figured he’d have better luck using an existing brand as a launching pad.


“Mass Appeal has a legacy and respect,” he says. “It already has a foundation … I just feel like I can add on because I can lend my kind of cultural expertise and my professional acumen, and develop the business.”



You can read the rest of the piece – which has mentions about Magic Johnson, Rocawear and more, over here.


PREVIOUS: Kendrick Lamar Wanted Nas On “Sing About Me”






PREVIOUS: WOW!! You Have To Listen To This!!! via IllJewMinati

No comments:

Post a Comment